Well spring is in full swing here in New Orleans. It's been a lovely cool spring that's just starting to develop into summer heat. And time has flown as quickly as our cool weather has.
After our trip to South Bend, Mike and I found ourselves very busy with fun times. We were able to host Mark and Heather Ronayne from the Portland/Vancouver branch at our home. They recently decided to move their family down to NOLA and we're super excited. Mark has been staying with us these couple of months while he starts his new job and waits for his family to join him in the summer. We're watching lots of Office reruns and having a great time in general.
We were also really excited to have Joan and her household from Shreveport come join us for Jazz Fest. Billy Joel was playing and we were all looking forward to it. We did get to see him but it was under the cover of inches of rain. It poured rain the entire day we were there. But Joan and the girls ran to the stage and danced in the rain anyway. It was definitely a memorable day!
And most recently we've been very busy with all of the details for Andy Shaw and Elyse Pappenfort's wedding. I hosted a shower for Elyse and we just hosted a craw fish boil rehearsal dinner as well. 
And just today they had their beautiful wedding here in New Orleans. It was pretty hot, but that didn't deter anyone from having a great time. Elyse looked beautiful and Andy was beaming from ear to ear. We were all happy that it didn't rain today b/c it's been raining buckets the last couple of days and we have plenty of water. 

Mike and I are looking forward to a little vacation to the Smokey mountains in a week and I'm sure that I'll have lots of beautiful pictures to share from that. We hope everyone is doing well and isn't too busy with the end of the school year!
I leave you with a darling picture of Tess Meehan and Daniel and Jane Reinhardt playing in the water in our yard after all the rain.
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Here comes the rain and the bride
Posted by Angela at 12:12 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment