Friday, October 27, 2006

Life Continues

Hi Everyone!
I just wanted to give you all another update in the days and lives of Mike and Angela. We have been having some fun down here...entertaining and being entertained! Recently, a number of young ladies from Saint Mary's (my Alma Mater!) came down to NO for the week to see the city and do some service. Mike and I were fortunate to get to spend a fair amount of time with them. One night we had a girls' night out and went to "Rock n' Bowl", a local bowling alley that always has live bands. We had a GREAT time...although I won't embarrass any of us by revealing our bowling scores! No need to get into the details :) Regardless, I would definitely go back. Bowling, a bar, live music...what could be better. You could even dance if you wanted to. I just tapped my feet on the lanes!
On Saturday we hosted a really fun dinner with about 10 people. Mike and I decided to make it interactive (a great trick for your guests...get them to make their own dinner!) Hah! Seriously though...we all made eggrolls and sushi. I have been making eggrolls my whole life since my family always makes them for Christmas, but none of had ever made sushi before. I think that they turned out pretty well. Ahhh...I love the internet...you can find anything there...even multiple recipes and instructions for making sushi. Here are a few pictures of the event.
Eggroll and Sushi Dinner
click to see more!

On Monday, the branch here had their annual community celebration dinner. One of the nice things about being in a small branch is that when the whole group wants to celebrate we can all fit in one room. The dinner was quite nice...although once again in the spirit of New Orleans it was full of seafood. Hey! Just for the record, when we made sushi I did try one with raw tuna in it...and how many of you can say that! Unfortunately despite Matt Urbanski's prayers for me as we left South Bend, I do not yet enjoy seafood. Well...it's been less than a year. Perhaps in time.
Anyway, back to the celebration. I was filled with fun conversations, good toasts and by most standards...good food. Mike and I had the good fortune to be at a table with Mike and Linda Coney and Mike Coney finished off most of my chicken (he had to taste everything!) so he must be feeling better! Here's some pictures of the people there. Everyone's in the branch...so you all can get to know them through pictures if you don't already know them.
Community Anniversary Dinner
click for more pictures!

Mike and I also had the time to put up some Halloween decorations. Now that we have a large attic, it is actually quite easy to find decorations. So we took the opportunity to put up some lights...and a few other things. The people in New Orleans really like to decorate their houses, so fit right in. Here's some pictures!
Halloween Decorations 003
click for a few more

And finally for all of those who know and miss our cat Tabitha, I just want you to know that she is doing quite well. She has finally settled in and knows that this is her house...I mean "our" house. This house has great windowsills for a cat and she knows them all. Mike and I still get a kick out of seeing her on them every time. It is just so cat-like. Here she is...completely tuckered out.
Halloween Decorations 001
Well...that's all for now. Send Mike an email if you would like to see him be a contributer to this site. I have tried to get him to add a few words, but he might need more than my encouragement. We miss you all!