Well here's another update in the life of Mike and Angela. We've had a few fun times here in the grand city of new orleans lately.
On Friday, Carolyn and I (and baby Daniel) took the streetcar (not the trolley!) down to the French Quarter. I had not taken the streetcar since I moved here...in years really. It was so fun! Well, the streetcar was fun, but not waiting for it. We walked around the french quarter and had lunch at a cafe that serves "authentic New Orleans cuisine". Which of course means that I had a chicken sandwich. I took the camera to take pictures of our day and all the pictures basically became a tribute to Daniel. Well someone had to hold him! Here they are:
(Click for more pictures)
Our area had an Oktoberfest party this past Sunday. It was a lot of fun. Mike and I brought the braughts. Others brought Sauerkraut, Hamburgers, Hotdogs, Potato Salad, and all those other picnic fixings. We even had shots of goldshlagger (sp?)! and of course German Chocolate Cake. Not to mention the chicken dance and the makeraina (sp?). It was quite a party. Someone even made pretty flower headbands for all the women to wear. Enjoy the pics!
(click for more pictures!)
Finally, it was a great week because Carrie Urbanski was in town after her dad's surgery. Mike's surgery went great, so visiting with Carrie was pure pleasure. She was finally able to join our knitting group, aptly named by Tom Evans as the "close knit group". It was great to see her. She was able to see our new house and take me to the local seafood shops. They turned out to be around the corner. Too bad I don't eat seafood...but Mike does! Here's a picture of Carrie knitting with us! So sad the see her go :(
click for more!
Monday, October 09, 2006
October Update
Posted by Angela at 7:52 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
Brigid told me to check the house. It looks amazing. :)
Micaela
Post a Comment