Friday, July 06, 2007

Visit to South Bend

Well, the craziness of the 4th of July has passed and I finally have a moment to sit down and update the blog.

Recently Mike and I took a trip to South Bend to visit with friends and family. Once again we stayed with the very hospitable Matt and Carrie Urbanski. Thanks again guys! The first day and a half that we were there we spent some time looking over a couple of properties that Mike is trying to sell and ending up doing a bunch of yard work to increase their curb appeal. The weather was actually very cool (by our new standards!) and we didn't suffer in the heat doing all that work.

Mike then took off for a few days to hang with some guy friends of his and I continued to visit with people. Highlights include going to the Spa at Colfax with my mom, spending the day with my mom and later the rest of my family, shopping with Carrie in Michigan city (which I really miss!) and Lord's day with some friends. I was also able to attend the community meeting on Friday night and it was really interesting to go back to such a big meeting after only attending our small branch meetings for the last year and a half. It was great to see everyone there and get a quick chance to catch up with people.

On Sunday the guys came back and Mike and I again visited my parents (they claimed that they wanted to see him!) and then we took off for Pingel world. We had a great afternoon and evening visiting with all (well most) of our neices and nephews, brothers and sisters and parents. That's when I actually broke out the camera, so here's a collection of pics with lots of Pingels (and some JT). Beware, there are alot of pics...but they're great ones, so try to make it through them!

pingels 2007


For those of you we didn't see, we'll catch you next time! It was just a few days that we were there and we packed every minute in. Hopefully we'll see people in the fall!

Love, Mike and Ang

0 comments: