Well it's officially summer here in New Orleans. The heat has finally made it here and it's coming down hard. Thankfully we had a really lovely spring and got to be outside alot and enjoy the great weather. But now reality is setting in and I think that we might be spending a bit less time out doors. At least in the middle of the day!
Life has continued to fly by. Mike's business is continuing to be successful. He's been working on the same job for a couple of months now and they are very pleased with his work. It looks like they may be a good couple for passing out recommendations too. So more work could be coming in because of this job. I'm pretty sure that he's got the next couple of jobs lined up after this one although they're a bit smaller.
Our major changes lately have been vehicles. Mike made the decision to sell his dump trailer because given the work that he is doing down here and the great trash service, it really hasn't been necessary to hold on to it. Another big reason is that there just isn't a lot of land to store a piece of equipment like that. Then, given that he sold his heavy trailer, he's decided to downsize his truck (it's big! and bulky) to something smaller. So I'm pretty sure that he's just selling that today...after just putting it up for sale yesterday. So praise God for that. Although Mike might have to scramble to find a new car now! Haha! We've also been looking at new cars for us (me!) to use everyday. The lease on our pilot is coming up and we are looking at other vehicles to buy or lease. We've been very happy with the pilot, but I've been pressuring him to downsize that car too. It's just a tad to big for me (I don't think that I could ever drive a 15 passenger van!) and I want something smaller. So we've been looking at cars like the Honda CRV and Hyundai Tuscon...we'll see what kind of deals we can find!
We come into South Bend on the 20th and hopefully we'll be able to see some of you then. I'll be able to compare summer heat and reassure everyone here that it does indeed get hot in South Bend! We're looking forward to that trip and some others towards the end of the summer. Finally we get to take a vacation! We're also getting ready to celebrate our 5th anniversary in July. Hard to believe!
It's great to hear from everyone and we always appreciate any news...keep in touch!
-Mike and Angela Pingel
Monday, June 11, 2007
Summer Heat
Posted by Angela at 3:19 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment